County Government Retirees
Welcome to the Loudoun County Retiree Information Center, where you can obtain information about your benefits, wellness and related issues.
Plan Year 2021 Resources
- Latest Retiree Update Newsletter (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Retiree Health Plan Eligibility (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Retiree Health Plan Options (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Enrollment Change Form (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Emergency Contact & Address Update Form (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- ACH Form - Premium Payment Authorization (PDF) Opens a New Window.
Annual Credible Coverage Notice
The annual Creditable Coverage Disclosure Notice (PDF) is being provided as part of the annual notice to retirees and their dependents who are eligible for Medicare. This notice is important because Medicare beneficiaries who are not covered by creditable prescription drug coverage and do not enroll in Medicare Part D when first eligible will likely pay higher premiums if they enroll at a later date. Please note this notice is for information purposes only. Retirees and their eligible dependents who are Medicare eligible and enrolled on the county’s health plan are not impacted by the late enrollment penalty enforced by Social Security Administration for Center for Medicare Services for Medicare Part D coverage.
Updates to Cigna's Virtual Medical Care Services
For Pre-65 Retirees, access to Cigna’s Virtual Care services is available via phone or video 24/7/365 days of the year including holidays and weekends. Effective January 1, 2021, American Well (AmWell) will no longer be included in Cigna’s virtual care network.
- Use when you also need to limit exposure to the public and for reserving emergency rooms for true emergencies.
- Use in place of seeing a physician in-person for minor medical conditions and costs less than emergency room or urgent care visits.
- All virtual care visits are with board-certified physicians.
- You can have a prescription sent directly to your local pharmacy, if appropriate, as well handle short-term refills of existing prescriptions.
Register for Cigna’s Virtual Care Networks
- Register directly online:
- MDLIVE: MDLIVEforCigna.com - Phone: 888-726-3171
- Register through myCigna.com
- Log in to myCigna.com
- Locate the “Talk to a doctor or nurse 24/7” callout and click “Connect Now.”
Information needed to register
- The retiree or covered dependent must provide their name, gender, date of birth, email and Cigna ID# to register and create an account.
- Medical history including drug allergies and a form of payment (such as a credit card). For individuals enrolled in the OAP or POS plans, an office visit copay will be charged at time of visit.
- For individuals enrolled in the HRA plan, the discounted cost of the visit will be excluded from the deductible during the Emergency Period as stated by the CARES Act until December 31, 2021.
Post 65 Retirees
Medicare pays for "virtual check-ins" for patients to connect with their doctors without going to the doctor’s office. Medicare also pays for patients to communicate with their doctors without going to the doctor’s office using online patient portals. The Medicare coinsurance and deductible would apply to these services. Cigna Medicare Surround plans will cover the remaining balance subject to the plan deductible, coinsurance and out-of-pocket maximum.
Wellness Opens a New Window
An Ounce of Prevention
- All of the Retiree Health Plans feature in-network preventive care benefits at no cost to you.
- Get your Annual Preventive Exams (PDF) Opens a New Window. as recommended to identify risks before they become chronic. Early detection helps to mitigate more serious medical conditions later.
- Learn more about the Cigna Omada program (PDF) to help you lose weight and tackle obesity-related chronic disease.
Care When You Need It
- Telehealth Services (PDF) Opens a New Window. through Cigna provide access to board-certified doctors and pediatricians 24/7 for non-urgent health care - just a phone call or video chat away!
- Get the appropriate level of care (PDF) Opens a New Window. when you need it!
- Cigna Total Behavioral Health program (PDF) provides help with life events, dedicated support, lifestyle coaching and online tools.
Please contact the Loudoun County Benefits Office through email Opens a New Window. or by calling the Benefits Help Line: 703-777-0517.
Subscribe to the Retiree Benefits Email List
Receive updated news and information about benefits for Loudoun County Government retirees. Enter your email address below then click on the Subscribe button.