Questions to Ask Yourself
These are helpful to ask when choosing quality child care.
- Are references available?
- Does my child need to be transported?
- Has my child had a chance to visit the child care setting?
- Have I contacted the Virginia Department of Social Services for reports on programs I have chosen?
- Have I examined the policies and do they fit with my needs and the needs of my child?
- How much television do I want my child to watch? What types of programs do I want my child to watch?
- If the provider smokes, is that a problem for my child or me?
- Will my child be comfortable and happy in this setting?
- Would I trust this person to care for my child?